Do You Have a Jealous Husband, Wife or Partner?
About Jealousy in Relationships
Jealousy is one of the most destabilising of emotions. It creates tension and conflict within relationships and can often lead to a breakdown in communication or a loss in self esteem for one or both parties in the relationship.
Someone who acts in a jealous way is usually experiencing insecurity in their relationship or some aspects of it.
That insecurity may in some cases be in part to do with the way the partner is acting or has acted in the past but in other cases it may have absolutely nothing to do with the partner’s actions and may just be a symptom of personal insecurities which the jealous person is likely to carry into close relationships until they seek professional help or are able to find a way of dealing with their insecurities through their own efforts.
What Can You Do if You have a Jealous Husband, Wife or Partner?
Most books on jealousy focus on what the person who is experiencing jealousy can do to control their reactions.
However there are two people in a relationship and if you are the partner of a jealous partner it may be that there are things that you can do to help achieve a better outcome for both yourself and your partner in the situation, whether or not your actions contributed to the problem arising in the first instance.
If you are the wife, husband or partner of someone who is acting in a jealous or controlling way there is a temptation to act in one of two ways either by:
- Beginning to avoid communicating honestly about what you are doing – in order to avoid a jealous outburst or reaction from your partner, or by
- Reacting angrily to accusations.
Both these approaches are common and understandable but often they do not help improve the situation and they may make it worse.
READ ON FOR INFORMATION ABOUT A SIMPLE EBOOK PROGRAM TO HELP YOU RESPOND TO A JEALOUS PARTNER!
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide
Below are details of the content of the eBook Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide which gives a simple set of ideas to work through if you are someone who has a jealous partner to decide what you want and can do in the situation.
The book gives you suggestions as to how you might react to your partner’s jealousy in a constructive but honest way in order to find a way forward that is helpful for both of you.
Limits to Putting up with Jealousy
If your partner’s jealousy has reached a stage where physical, sexual or emotional violence is involved then I would advise you to seek independent advice from an appropriate professional to help you decide what to do. In other instances where the jealousy is causing significant problems in your relationship but not at that extreme level and you want to do what you can to improve the situation, then the strategies and tips contained in Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide will provide you with different ways of approaching the situation and your relationship which may assist in creating:
- A healthier and more harmonious relationship
- Greater trust and appreciation between you and your partner
- A reduction in jealous actions by your partner
Responding to a Jealous Husband, Wife or Partner
The general approaches for responding to a partner with jealousy issues about which more detail is provided in the Guide include:
- Simple ideas for building trust and respect in your relationship, in particular to help with self esteem issues which may underly your partner's jealousy and also to help you if your self esteem has been affected
- A clear format, using cognitive behavioural techniques (CBT) to help you analyse individual situations where your husband, wife or partner might become jealous and to think through different options that you can try out to respond in a way which will defuse or help to balance your partner's jealousy
- A method called the DEAL Method for helping you to raise the issue of your partner's jealousy directly with him or her in an assertive, constructive and helpful way if you decide you need to tackle him or her directly about the problems that the jealous behaviour is creating for your relationship
- A final section to think through your overall choices about the relationship if you do not see changes in your partner's behaviour.
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - Full Contents List
The full contents of the Introductory Guide are set out below:
Section 1: Reasons Why People Get Jealous
Section 2: Helping Your Partner to Overcome Jealousy – Some Simple Tips
Section 3: Meeting Your Own Needs
Section 4: Responding to a Jealous Partner –
Section 5: Tackling Your Partner’s Jealousy with the DEAL Method
Section 6: Creating Your Action Plan
Section 7: Choices if Your Partner Stays Jealous
About the Author
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide is a practical book written by life coach and author David Bonham-Carter who specialises in the use of CBT and other problem solving techniques to help people deal with negative thinking patterns and address difficulties such as:
- Relationship and communication difficulties
- Self esteem and confidence issues
- Stress, anxiety and assertiveness
- Life change and motivation
Practical Ideas and Tools for Responding to a Jealous Partner
The structure of Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide is very much practical.
This is not a woolly discussion. It is a book which gives you tools and exercises to work through to help you make practical choices and take sensible actions in response to your partner's jealousy.
You work through the assignments in the Guide step by step with the aim of creating your own practical Action Plan at the end that you can use to guide your actions in responding to your partner's jealousy and dealing with the issues that it creates for you and your relationship in a sensbile and positive way.
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - Purchase Price
The cost of the Introductory Guide including all the assignments is currently just $17.97! It is available online for immediate download in PDF format.
When you purchase Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide from this website, you will receive immediately a link to download the E-Book in PDF format. Your purchase is covered by a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, just request a refund within 15 days of receiving the E-Book and you will be given a complete refund.
"The book was very compact without any nonsense. It got straight to the point.
I bought the book because my husband can sometimes be jealous and I am always wanting to develop my emotional knowledge and grow... Information is very important and knowing why something happens and why people do what they do."
- Claudette, Bristol, UK
To Purchase Dealing with a Jealous Partner