Dealing with a Jealous Partner -
Jealous Husbands, Wives or Partners
Issues that May Arise if you have a Jealous Partner
If your wife, husband or partner is prone to jealousy this puts a significant strain on your relationship. You may well feel:
- Continually under pressure
- Inhibited from doing what you would like to do because of fear of an irrational reaction or a jealous accusation
- Resentful, anxious or possibly even guilty if you are being made to feel that you are doing something wrong.
Common Reactions of People with Jealous Partners
Jealousy may lead to attempts by a jealous person to gain control over the actions of their husband or wife and to inhibit their freedom in making choices about who they see and when.
If you are the wife or husband of someone who is jealous, your instinctive reaction to these efforts to restrict your freedom or dictate how you ought to act may be either to:
- React angrily and get caught up in arguments with your partner OR
- To deceive your partner about where you are going and who you are seeing, so as to avoid having to face the jealous reaction (even if what you are doing is completely innocent).
In many cases these responses are not likely to improve the situation and are more likely to lead to:
- Geater tension and animosity in your relationship and/or
- A breakdown in trust and communication in the relationship
Information on Dealing with a Jealous Partner
At the time of writing there is not a great deal of information available for the wives, husbands or partners of jealous people as to how best to approach the situation in order to achieve a constructive result and help your partner overcome their jealousy and react differently. Most information that is available focuses on the jealous person and what they themselves should do.
To fill this gap I have written an Introductory Guide to Dealing with a Jealous Partner, which takes you through a series of ideas to help you respond to your partner in a practical and helpful way:
Responding to a Jealous Husband or Wife
The general approaches for responding to a partner with jealousy issues about which more detail is provided in the Guide include:
- Simple ideas for building trust and respect in your relationship, in particular to help with self esteem issues which may underly your partner's jealousy and also to help you if your self esteem has been affected
- A clear format, using cognitive behavioural techniques (CBT) to help you analyse individual situations where your husband, wife or partner might become jealous and to think through different options that you can try out to respond in a way which will defuse or help to balance your partner's jealousy
- A method called the DEAL Method for helping you to raise the issue of your partner's jealousy directly with him or her in an assertive, constructive and helpful way if you decide you need to tackle him or her directly about the problems that the jealous behaviour is creating for your relationship
- A final section to think through your overall choices about the relationship if you do not see changes in your partner's behaviour.
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - Purchase Price
You can purchase the Introductory Guide Dealing with a Jealous Partner in US Dollars or GB Pounds Sterling.
The cost for it including all the practical assignments in US Dollars is just $14.99 or in GB Pounds Sterling just £9.99. It is available online for immediate download in PDF format.
Note: If your home currency is something else then you can select either of the two currencies and your payments card provider or paypal will convert your purchase into the currency of your payments card/paypal account.
When you purchase Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide from this website, you will receive immediately a link to download the E-Book in PDF format. Your purchase is covered by a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, just request a refund within 15 days of receiving the E-Book and you will be given a complete refund.
"The book was very compact without any nonsense. It got straight to the point.
I bought the book because my husband can sometimes be jealous and I am always wanting to develop my emotional knowledge and grow...Information is very important and knowing why something happens and why people do what they do."
- Claudette, Bristol, UK
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - Full Contents List
The full contents of the Guide are set out below:
Section 1: Reasons Why People Get Jealous
Section 2: Helping Your Partner to Overcome Jealousy – Some Simple Tips
Section 3: Meeting Your Own Needs
Section 4: Responding to a Jealous Partner –
Section 5: Tackling Your Partner’s Jealousy with the DEAL Method
Section 6: Creating Your Action Plan
Section 7: Choices if Your Partner Stays Jealous
About the Author
Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide is a practical book written by Self-Help Author David Bonham-Carter who specialises in the use of CBT and other problem solving techniques to help people deal with negative thinking patterns and address difficulties such as:
- Relationship and communication difficulties
- Self esteem and confidence issues
- Stress, anxiety and assertiveness
- Life change and motivation
David worked for many years in the UK as a social worker before becoming a professional life coach in private practice for several years. He now focuses on sharing useful coaching and CBT techniques through self-help guides.
Practical Ideas and Tools for Responding to a Jealous Partner
The structure of Dealing with a Jealous Partner - An Introductory Guide is very much practical.
This is not a woolly discussion. It is a book which gives you tools and exercises to work through to help you make practical choices and take sensible actions in response to your partner's jealousy.
You work through the assignments in the Guide step by step with the aim of creating your own practical Action Plan at the end that you can use to guide your actions in responding to your partner's jealousy and dealing with the issues that it creates for you and your relationship in a sensbile and positive way.
To Purchase Dealing with a Jealous Partner
by immediate download in PDF Format
Select your Preferred Currency and Click 'Buy Now'
(Note: If your home currency is not listed you can choose either currency.
Your card provider or paypal will convert the price into your local currency)
Purchase in $US Dollars
Purchase in GB Pounds